Sep. 2018 – Present
Executive Producer/ Line-up on the network daytime bulletins.
Line-up/Associate Producer on the 6pm Sydney bulletin.
Producer/reader on 2GB radio news bulletins.
- How to line-up breaking news live crosses/breaking press conferences in the control room.
- Producing showbiz/entertainment segments.
- Sub-editing intros and VOs to correct facts and grammar.
- Communicating with emergency services to gather information for stories.
- Writing intros for news packages.
- Producing looklives.
GTV 9 Feb. 2017 – Sep. 2018
Producer for Nine Local News.
- Writing newsbreaks, VOs and scripts
- Building news rundowns on ENPS
- Producing live crosses
- Selecting grabs to use from interviews
- Facilitating the creation of graphics
- Restoring library footage
- Meeting deadlines throughout the day
- How to line-up news and sports stories from the control room
GTV 9 2016
One-week work experience program.
TCN 9 2016
Employed in a logging position for the Rio Olympic Games.
Finalist for the 2016 Jacoby-Walkley Scholarship
ABC 774 2016
- Audio editing
- Pitching story ideas that are relevant to the audience
- Sourcing talents and conducting pre-interviews
- Posting on social media
- Answering talkback calls
- Conducting vox pops
THE JAPAN TIMES 2016
One-month internship as a reporter in Tokyo
- Capturing interesting, high-quality photos and captioning them appropriately
- Adapting tone of writing for more light-hearted pieces
- Responding to emails promptly
- Using social media in the news room, especially with tools such as Storify
SYN RADIO 2015
Executive producer of and volunteer reporter on Panorama (a current affairs and news show)
- Recruiting and training new reporters
- Sourcing and contacting talent for interviews
- Conducting interviews in a professional manner
- Finding story ideas from discussions with people in the community
- Editing audio for radio
VOICE OF AMERICA 2015
Observational internship in Washington DC, USA
CATACLYSM PODCAST 2015
Volunteer reporter on the podcast.
SYN RADIO 2014
Volunteer news reader and reporter
Volunteer crew member on ‘Tough Times Never Last’ and selected as visual switcher for the show ‘Misguided’ (unfortunately it couldn’t run due to lack of funding)
CHANNEL 10 2011
CASHTIVITY CAMPUS TV 2014
Developed ideas for social media presence and made promotional videos for the Cashtivity company.
SMS GLOBAL 2013
Voice actress for promotional video
RMIT UNIVERSITY 2014 – 2016
Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) with Distinction
GPA of 3.6 out of 4
- Producing newsworthy stories for print, radio and television
- Adhering to deadlines
- Conducting extensive academic research and following strict referencing guidelines to ensure accuracy and avoid copyright issues
- Managing my time efficiently
- Communicating with team members in a respectful manner to divide tasks evenly, always considering the needs and interests of everyone involved
Bachelor of Journalism (1 semester exchange)
Achieved straight A grades including a 99.8% and 96% for my journalism subjects.
- Editing video for YouTube/TV
- Basic HTML coding
Completed both TV training and radio training.
ST COLUMBA’S COLLEGE Graduated in 2013
Completed Year 12 (VCE Units 3/4)
- Completed a Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Completed a Certificate III in hospitality
- Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation
EMPLOYABILITY KEY SKILLS
- Curious to explore new and unreported controversial issues in society
Academic and Leadership
College Captain St Columba’s College 2013
- Speaking confidently in front of large groups of people
- Cooperating respectfully with a team of student leaders and teachers
- Finding opportunities for improvement within the school
Aspiring Scholars Program Melbourne University 2013
Long Tan Leadership Award St Columba’s College 2012
Academic Achievement Award St Columba’s College 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Community Award St Columba’s College 2008, 2011
Duke of Edinburgh – Bronze award 2011 – 2012
Best first year female umpire EDFLUA 2010
(Also selected to umpire little league matches at half time in the Replay AFL Grand Final)
Most improved female umpire EDFLUA 2011
Selected on Australian ultimate frisbee Under 19 team 2011
- Athletics (captain of cross country team and member of state championship team)
- Ultimate frisbee
- Musician (drummer – in school bands and a local band)
- Tennis (grand finalists)
- Netball (grand final premiers)
- Choir Singing
- Drama (school musicals and plays – cast member, band member, director and backstage crew)
Contact me for Referee details